Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to place emphasis on quality, presentation and production of the food in the Highlands kitchen.
- Maintain open communication with co-workers to ensure that all food is properly prepared and served.
- Serve all resident meals according to the instructions provided, i.e. Menus or production sheets
- Effectively utilize established procedures for resident meal services, food preparation, sanitation and safety
- Maintains quality assurance records
- Participates in employee orientation/training programs
- Observes proper techniques in food handling
- Follows all cleaning assignments
- Must open and close the kitchen during assigned shifts
- Develops and meets departmental objectives
Qualifications: A minimum 3 years of experience as a Line Cook working in a Senior Community, Hotel or Country Club; ServeSafe Certified Level 2 preferred. Must be willing to work towards certification. High School Diploma/GED.