Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this job is to perform food preparation duties (cooking, prep cooking, serving, cleaning, etc).
- Maintains workstation and equipment.
- Cooks meals according to the instructions provided.
- Monitors staff compliance with production, food safety, and sanitation.
- Supports dietary staff, helping to troubleshoot product or production problems, operational problems, or general food safety concerns.
- Communicates employee concerns/issues to Director.
- Produces food products as indemnified on food production records or otherwise instructed.
- Assists in answering phone prior to/after tray line, for calls down, as well as assists in taking items called down for, to appropriate floors.
- Effectively utilizes established procedures for meal services, food preparation, sanitation and safety.
- Works within all County and State food service guidelines regarding production, sanitation, and safety.
- Maintains quality assurance records.
- Participates in employee orientation/training programs.
- Observes proper techniques and service to ensure good cost control.
- Observes proper techniques of body mechanics in lifting and other physical labor.
- Monitors cleaning assignments, as well as completion of end of shift assignments.
- Properly opens and closes kitchen area.
- Remain flexible and ready to assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist in all projects, special events, monthly and daily activities.
Performs other duties assigned.
Education & Experience: High School diploma or GED, ServSafe certified, and be able to properly prepare and produce quality food service.